Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm Bored - Random Insights

So I'm bored today, people. I have nothing of interest. In lieu of anything really intelligent to discuss I offer you this silly meme and a few more insights into me.

[a is for age:]
36

[b is for booze of choice:]
Lately? Beer. I'm not a dude, I swear, but beer has been doing it for me. No fuss, no muss. The beer-of-choice is Lemon Lager. It's like spiked lemonade. SO GOOD!

[c is for career:]

Presently: frazzled SAHM, unofficial internet realtor, housekeeper extraordinaire

Formerly: direct marketing manager for high tech company(ies), I did a few years staffing temporary employees, and was a sales rep for a large pet food/cereal company. I was a Gap girl (cinch it!) in college, a receptionist, and I worked in grocery store and did data entry in high school. A very varied career.

Future: totally and completely unknown. Right now I'm still toying with the idea of going back to school to get my Master in Education so I can teach high school. OR, opening up my own little business catering mostly to the crafty moms with little kids at home crowd. Time will tell which direction I go.

[d is for your dog’s name:]
Abby. She's a Pointer/Heeler/Border Collie mix we got from the pound.

[e is for essential items you use everyday:]
My computer (duh!), deordorant, lip balm, moisturizer, coffee.

[f is for favorite song(s) at the moment:]
Music? Who listens to music when they have kids who demand all the stereo time? Even when I go for my runs I usually listen to Mark & Brian. I still do enjoy me some Kelly Clarkson these days, though.

[g is for favorite games:]
Cranium is always a winner during our Girls Nights when we bust out the games. Better when you're buzzed. Otherwise, I'd have to say Olympic Games rule. I love the Olympics - summer AND winter, which start soon. Yippee!

[h is for hometown:]

Portland, OR is home for me.

[i is for instruments you play:]
Well, I took piano lessons for, like, 6 years when I was a kid but it was never in my blood. I was a mechanical player vs. one who had natural talent and a good ear.

[j is for jam or jelly you like:]
Usually strawberry or raspberry, but we don't eat much jam/jelly around here. We're PB& honey people.

[k is for kids:]
Two. A boy, Nicholas and a girl, Lauren. We are very done.

[l is for last kiss:]
This morning when my husband left for work.

[m is for most admired trait:]
People who are genuinely funny without it being at someone elses expense. Also, people who can speak honestly and frankly without being offensive. Tactful. People who stand up for what they believe in, even when it's hard.

[n is for name of your crush:]
Vince Vaughn. Something about him is very appealing to me.

[o is for overnight hospital stays:]
Just when the kids were born.

[p is for phobias:]
No real phobias. I don't like looking down from high places, though. I don't mind BEING in high places (skyscrapers, tall parking structures, etc.) but I can't look over the edge. Makes my stomach flip and I feel queasy. Vertigo?

[q is for quotes you like:]
"It is not enough that we do what's best, sometimes we have to do what's required." - Winston Churchill

"You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once." - Oprah Winfrey

[r is for biggest regret:]
Not travelling more before I had kids, and a tough choice I made when I was a teenager.

[s is for sweets of your choice:]

Ice cream! My fave du jour is Breyers Banana Nut Fudge. Nothing better.

[t is for time you wake up:]

Lately, 6:20am so I can go for my run. If it's a no-run day, then about 7am.

[u is for underwear:]

Most days, yes. And usually a thong, suprisingly. Snugger pant styles = bigger chance for VPL, and we CAN'T have VPL, so thongs it is.

[v is for vegetables you love:]
cold, crisp salad, steamed broccoli, stir-fried zucchini.

[w is for worst habit:]
Interrupting others, biting my nails.

[x is for x-rays you’ve had:]
Mostly dental. I did break/fracture both of my wrists in an unfortunate snowboarding disaster and had x-rays for that.

[y is for yummy food you make:]
Kick-ass chocolate chip cookies, homemade pizza, a pasta dish involving feta cheese.

[z is for zodiac sign:]
Sagittarius on the cusp of Capricorn


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counters

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?