Monday, September 26, 2005

Back to Normal

I think this may be one of those rare times, 2nd or 3rd behind the first exciting time it happened and you had been waiting anxiously for any sign of it, or perhaps when it was late and you were a teenager freaking out because of that one time when you and your boyfriend had been careless, when I'm thrilled to see my period. Yes, I'm talking about my period. If you've been reading my blog for awhile then you know I've been having some major complaints in that department. No birth control pill I've been on since weaning Lauren have worked well for me. I'd either had bleeding every 2 weeks, or none at all for a couple of months. Last month I threw in the towel, and caution to the wind, and quit taking the pill altogether. Mr. Chick and I had to switch gears and rely on male contraception, even on vacation. And yesterday, right on schedule, my period arrived. Beautiful, plentiful, reliable. And without cramps or irritability! Just like it was supposed to be ON THE PILL. I was uncertain about how my body would adjust for the first few cycles off the pill. But it snapped back into action without a hitch. I know it's sick, but this is just so reassuring for me to be experiencing a normal period again. A few of you had me (semi) freaked out about possibly being pregnant and that being the reason I had passed out like I did a few days ago. And while a 3rd baby wouldn't be the end of the world, it is most definitely NOT in the plans for our family, thankyouverymuch.

And as luck would have it, I get to retreat into my own version of The Red Tent as Mr. Chick will be away for the next 3 days. Smart man. I have to do the Single Parent thing, sure, but I also get my evenings (and the remote control) to myself, the bed to myself, and the container of ice cream to myself! And, a friend of mine just happens to be in the same boat at the same time, so she and I will hang out, drink some wine, and menstruate the way it used to be done: without the (annoying?) presence of men to create additional crankiness.

I think being on your period is reason to celebrate, don't you?!

Comments:
Despite my baby-hunger, there is nothing more I love to see than my period, right on time. However, with the Mirena IUD, it's been irregular and unpredictable. I don't even know if you can really call it a period. TMI warning- it's more like blood-tinged mucuous. (Gross, I know.) And the cramps- the MIND NUMBING CRAMPS- I think I'm going to go back on the pill. I have a sick feeling that my endo is back, fierce as ever. :(
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counters

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?