Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Damn You, Harry Potter

Yes, I realize that I'm quite behind on this latest craze. I'm the caboose of the proverbial bandwagon. I get that. But I'm catching up - quickly. I've read the first 3 Harry Potter novels in record time (they're quick reads, geared more for the elementary/pre-teen crowd), each taking me just 3-5 days to plow through. But then I got stalled on the 4th book, The Goblet of Fire. My local library has, like, 854 copies of the newest book, but only 3 (THREE) of the Goblet of Fire. What's up with that? And? They each have, like, 10 people in the "hold" queue for each copy. It would be next February before I'd be able to check out a copy. Thankfully, a friend of mine actually BUYS the books and was willing to lend me the one I needed. It's over 700 pages long, but I'm already on page 570 after 3 or 4 days. I'm seriously flying through it BECAUSE ITS JUST THAT GOOD. There, I said it. I'm a fan (hanging head in embarassment).

But what's worse? I've started my next crochet project since the booties have been wrapped up, and I decided to make a Harry Potter Gryffindor scarf for my 7 yr old nephew, who is also a big fan. I asked my sister if he already had one, and he doesn't. She tells me it will make his year. He loves to dress up and already has Harry Potter robes. So now I'm torn - keep reading the book during nap times, or work on the scarf (it's a Christmas present - it's never too soon to start getting gifts ready!). Regardless, my "free" time (aka nap time) is now completely and utterly devoted to Harry Potter. It's like I've adopted him or something. He's everywhere. I'm having an affair with a 14 yr old fictional character, for crap's sake! Damn you, Harry Potter!

Ok, back to the book... or the scarf.... maybe I should work on the scarf while watching one of the movies! Ahh! Harry Potter overload!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counters

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?