Monday, June 27, 2005

Our "Incredible" weekend

It's a rainy Monday and I have nothing particular to post about. Nothing. It was a good, but busy, weekend. I think I'm still recovering and that's why my brain is turned off this morning.
In a nutshell, Nicholas's birthday party went very well. For a small party, it seemed big and very chaotic at times. I guess that happens when each party guest also brings along a little sister and a mom. I spent the morning using the party as the excuse I needed to get my house all cleaned up. I had plenty of time. Nicholas was amped for the party and woke up at the ungodly hour of 6am, inquiring at my bedside if it was "morning time yet and time for my party??" "umm, NO. The party isn't for another 5 HOURS. Go back to sleep." But alas, my son was too wired to sleep anymore so we were up and at 'em wwaaaayyy too early for my liking. I shit you not when I tell you that Nicholas and I were at the grocery store to get the helium-filled balloons and ice cream BEFORE 7am. I don't think I've ever been in a grocery store that early in my life. UG.

The kids all had fun and I don't think there were any mishaps. I was able to keep things rolling along through the various activities and such. After everyone left the clean-up was easy and the kids crashed. So did I. I LOVE napping on the couch on a weekend! We had another party the next day at a local park and that was fun, too. But by the end of the day we were all beat and no one felt much like cooking dinner. So the kids had microwaved hotdogs, reheated rice and black beans. Gourmet, no? I'm not sure what Mr. Chick ate - something leftover, probably, and I dined at 8:30pm on a can of turkey chili. Oh yes, we went all out. Wanna come over for dinner sometime?

Since the camera was handy for the birthday party I snapped a few this weekend. I'll leave you with this nothing post, on a rainy Monday, with a few pictures from the weekend. They are more entertaining than I am.


The birthday cake I made. It turned out pretty good, I thought, and was delicious! You can't see the sprinkles that were all over the side. Very festive, if I do say so myself. Throwing, literally throwing to get them to stick, those sprinkles on the SIDE of a cake and not getting any on the top was a feat, I tell you!


Nicholas all dressed up for the party in his new superhero cape and mask. He looks INCREDIBLE (ha!)


Hey Nicholas - how old are you?


Random pic of my kids. This is a pretty typical pose for them as they watch TV flopped over the couch together. CLOSE together. Lauren is always up in Nick's business like that. She loves him fiercely and doesn't allow him much breathing room.


A close up of their feet. I don't know why I like this shot, but I do.


The front view of the kids as they watch TV. Yes, our TV is BEHIND the short end of our sectional couch. I don't like the TV being the central focal point of the room, so the kids have to sit backwards on the couch to see it. Posted by Hello

Comments:
Very very cute and smart way to have your tv!!!!
Kelly
 
Great pics. That little Lauren is the VERY IMAGE of you, MP! We're preparing for birthday #4 over here on Wednesday. It's another dino party!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counters

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?