Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Emails

Yesterday I received both of the following e-mails. One from my mother and one from my father-in-law (can you guess who sent which email?). I found them both to be thoughtful and helpful, especially from a parenting point of view, since both can be applied to children. Hopefully you'll think so, too.

HELPFUL E-MAIL:

GRANDMA'S CURES (keep this on the fridge)
Did You Know That...?

THOUGHTFUL E-MAIL: (makes you say hhmmmm...might be something to this)

"The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, ''Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?''

I replied: "I had a drug problem when I was young:

Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place."

~author unknown~


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counters

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?